Who can become a Centre?
Although the programme was originally developed for the NHS, ANY organisation can apply to become a centre.
By operating a centrally managed service we are able to offer the IT Skills Pathway at a fraction of the cost that would apply if organisations were to develop and maintain their own similar system. To discuss becoming a centre, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
As is the case with all learning that uses computers and the Internet, there is a need to comply with certain technical specifications. In order to make the Pathway available to as many people as possible we endeavour to keep these technical requirements to a minimum. This means that people can undertake learning at home or at work without the need for specialist software.
Some of the basic requirements needed are:
- Windows XP or newer Operating System (or any other OS compatible with Shockwave Player 11.6x)
- Windows Internet Explorer 7 or newer (or other modern browser compatible with Shockwave Player)
- Shockwave Player 11.6 or newer
- Broadband (or N3) Internet Connection
- Recommended - 1280 x 1024 or higher screen resolution